Friday, April 23, 2010

Funny questions for which you have no answer

Well I got quite a few positive response from my blog "How you Know you live 4 degrees north of the equator" and i see the typcial viewer of this blog enjoys the peculiarities and cultural nuances -or you just like to hear how the weather is. lol

So I thought I'd post a blog along similiar lines pertaining to funny questions you don't have an answer to.

Okay Mr. American; learned gentleman, young, cosmopolitan and adaptable, ready for anything. So you think you've got everything settled now with your flexible and open world view. You've been living in a foreign culture nearly a year-and-a-half. By now, nothing thrown at you should stump you. However, there are certain recurring questions posed by your people group that you have been asked a thousand times and yet they always leave you..well without an adequate answer. I listed ten I could think. interesting enough, they all fit into the food or family category.

1.)"In America people don't eat the head of the fish??!!" I can't believe that. It is the best part!

2.)You're parents only had three kids? only three? Why?

3.) "So people in the U.S. don't eat the bones of the chicken? It wouldn't be good manners for me to do that?"

4.) "You're how old and you don't have a wife yet?"

5.)"You don't eat rice at every meal?!" "I can't imagine that. I couldn't do it."

6.)"They have laws that would prohibit you from killing certain animals for food?"

7.)"Why would it be illegal to have more than one wife?" You would go to jail for doing that?!"

8.)The breast part of the chicken is my least favorite part, I have to have bones in mine. The best part is the neck.

9.)Why wouldn't you take a woman here in the village? (Somehow all my thoughtful and reasonable answers never seem to suffice to satisfy them)

10.) "People don't eat chicken's feet in America?" If someone cooks up a chicken, that is the first part I'll take!!"

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Too funny! Ah, yes, the cultural differences between the jungle and the USofA!