Thursday, January 8, 2009

From Suriname

I'm here. I wish I had more time to write a longer blog but I'm heading out to the jungle after three days of orientation here in Paramaribo. It has been awesome since arrival, I guess you can call it the "honeymoon stage" so hopefully it lasts as long as possible. I'll have much more to write about in a week after visiting the Auken people and living in interior. We leave tommorrow morning at five A.M. and ride in a boat for three days visiting various tribes that our supervisor had helped when a flood ravaged the area seven months ago. The weather here is awesome right now, warm rain, temperatures around 80 degrees. A far cry from the frigid temps of my last two residences. keep praying for me and I'll update this thing when I get a chance.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds pretty sweet! Tell Taylor to post pics as soon as possible cuz I'm having a hard time visualizing Suriname.

acb0929 said...

HI!! This is taylors sister katie by the way!! Im so glad you guys made it safely with only a few setbacks!! I am very proud of yall for everything your doing! Good luck and have fun! Take care of my brother please!!